Skilled Criminal Defense Lawyers in Pickens Protect Clients’ Rights
Firm defends those who have been charged with crimes in South Carolina
Acker Lambert Hinton P.A. provides a broad range of criminal defense services to South Carolina residents who are facing allegations ranging from magistrate level offenses to general sessions charges. Our attorneys assist people who are accused of DUI, drug offenses, violent crimes, white-collar crimes, assault, traffic violations, parole violations and juvenile offenses. We also assist with the expungement of dismissed charges and eligible conviction records. We located in Pickens, but serve clients in Greenville, Easley and other locations throughout the area.
Litigators handle cases involving a full range of criminal and traffic allegations
No matter how serious the charge might be or what evidence the authorities claim to have, you have the right to a strong legal defense. Since 1968, our firm has represented individuals accused of:
- Drug crimes — Even a first offense for simple possession can result in more than a year of incarceration under the state’s tough drug crime laws. We review the facts thoroughly to see if evidence was seized improperly and advocate for alternatives to prison whenever possible.
- Drunk driving — If you’ve been arrested on a driving under the influence charge, you should understand what potential defenses you have even if your blood-alcohol reading was above the legal limit.
- Traffic violations — Speeding, reckless driving and other traffic violations could lead to heavy fines, higher insurance costs, license suspension and even possible jail time. You can rely on us to fight unwarranted citations on your behalf.
- Violent crimes — Cases related to allegations of murder, criminal sexual contact and other violent offenses require the utmost care and professionalism. Our understanding of the law and local courts helps clients when a conviction would result in an extended prison sentence.
- Assault — The police officer who makes an arrest for assault might not understand the totality of circumstance surrounding the incident. Should you face this charge, we’ll review whether you were acting in self-defense or if you were wrongly identified as the attacker.
- White-collar crimes — Embezzlement, corporate fraud and other offenses known as white-collar crimes don’t involve the threat of violence, but still can be punished very seriously. In these cases, our skilled attorneys have the ability to analyze complex evidence to protect the rights of accused individuals.
South Carolina criminal offenses that are adjudicated in general sessions court are divided into felonies and misdemeanors. There are three levels of misdemeanors, the most serious of which is Class A, where prison sentences can run for up to three years. Felonies are divided into six categories, but some violent offenses are defined as exempt crimes and can lead to incarceration that is even longer than the 30-year maximum for a Class A felony. No matter what type of crime you’re charged with, we’ll challenge the allegations against you and vigorously pursue the best possible result, whether that is a dismissal, acquittal or favorable plea agreement.
Dedicated advocates seek positive solutions in juvenile law matters
Typically, cases involving minors accused of criminal misconduct are handled by the Division of Juvenile Justice. Within this system, there are several alternatives to detention, and our attorneys work closely with families advocate for an appropriate resolution that preserves the child’s future. Many matters are diverted, which holds young people accountable by requiring them to perform community service and/or making restitution. If the case is deemed more serious and goes to Family Court, we are ready to provide a strong defense against unsupported allegations and to argue for an outcome that helps the young person move forward successfully.
Contact a proven South Carolina criminal defense lawyer for a free initial confidential consultation
Acker Lambert Hinton P.A. defends South Carolina residents who are accused of felonies, misdemeanors and traffic offenses. For a consultation with a knowledgeable criminal defense attorney, please call 864-668-1013 or contact us online. From our office in Pickens, we represent clients from Greenville, Easley and other area communities.